1 cup cooked rice udon noodles*
1 1⁄2 tsp toasted sesame oil, divided
21⁄2 tsp chili garlic sauce
1⁄2 tbsp lemon juice, freshly squeezed
6 oz chicken breast, cut into strips
Olive oil spray
1⁄2 cup red onion, chopped
1 tsp garlic, freshly minced
1 cup asparagus, cut into 1-inch pieces
8 medium fresh basil leaves, or to taste, slivered
*YOU CAN SWAP IN SPELT, KAMUT, OR OTHER WHOLE-GRAIN UDON, IF YOU PREFER.
1) Cook the noodles while you prepare the other ingredients.
2) Mix 1⁄2 tsp sesame oil, 2 tsp chili garlic sauce, and lemon juice in a small bowl. set aside. Toss chicken in remaining 1⁄2 tsp chili garlic sauce.
3) When the noodles are cooked, rinse in cold water, then in hot. Drain. Pour 1 tsp sesame oil into the bottom of a salad bowl and spread evenly. Toss noodles on top.
4) Heat large nonstick stir-fry pan or wok over medium-high heat until hot. Spray pan with oil spray. Add onion, garlic, and asparagus. Cook until onions are crisp-tender and asparagus is bright green and warmed. Push veggies to edges of pan.
5) Re-spray center of frying pan and add chicken in a single layer. Cook until no longer pink inside, about 1–2 minutes per side. Push veggies back into center, mixing them with chicken. Toss in sauce mixture. spoon the chicken and veggies over the noodles and top with basil. Enjoy immediately.