Marriage can be hard work, especially as your relationship evolves and changes. Even the best partnerships can experience stress. The key is finding ways to relieve stress together rather than letting small problems boil over into bigger issues. In addition to working out together through LBX Fitness, couples can find other ways to dissolve stress as a couple.
Boost Your Awareness
Knowing where and how stress is affecting your life makes it easier to tackle it. Remaining aware can help you avoid letting small problems grow.
- Acknowledge the environmental context of stress – instead of blaming one another.
- Recognize the signs that stress is affecting your marriage.
- Know how to comfort your partner if they’re the one experiencing pressure.
- Form a united front against stress – “we” instead of “me.”
Change Your Mindset
Adjusting your perspective on marital stress can help minimize or even eliminate stressors. Tailor your approach to tackle the issues that are disrupting the peace.
- Agree on a solid financial plan to cut back on money-related tension.
- Enforce work-life boundaries to keep your personal life separate from professional pursuits.
- Skip overscheduling your life and make time to do nothing, together.
- Develop strategies for dealing with the strain of parenthood.
Do More, Together
From starting a fitness challenge to relaxing at home, doing things together is one way to reduce stress and reinforce your relationship. Plus you can stretch your dollars with some savvy spending, so you don’t add fresh financial strain to your situation.
- Try the LBX Fitness 30-day challenge
- Learn relaxation-inducing couples yoga to strengthen your bond.
- Solidify your practice by investing in essentials for your yoga sessions together.
- Save on workout gear or athletic wear with a Target or Old Navy promo code.
- Cook together to ease anxiety while making something delicious.
- Look to “ugly” produce subscriptions to cut grocery costs.
Though it’s not always easy to maintain marital bliss while experiencing life’s pitfalls, taking action is the best way to approach stress. By acknowledging the challenges, adapting your mindset, and engaging in rewarding activities – together – you and your partner can evolve your relationship despite the stress of daily living.
Photo via Unsplash
Dylan Foster of healthwellwise.com